A Message from the President.
I am proud to be part of the leading equipment manufacturers’ representative to the foodservice industry in the Michigan, Indiana and northwestern Ohio markets. And HRI, Inc. is equally proud to serve as a critical link between the manufacturers we represent and the dealers, specifiers, and end-users that utilize their quality products and services.
Our professional staff calls upon more than 100 years of combined foodservice experience to meet the many needs of our customers in the restaurant, school, university/college, and corrections markets across the region. We have invested heavily in the training and professional education of our salespeople and, as a result, HRI, Inc. has honed an expertise in this industry like no other. Our customers and partners have come to know us for our exceptional commitment, a reputation backed by some of the most customer-focused, creative problem solvers around.
We encourage you to experience HRI, Inc. firsthand. Take a look at who we represent, what we bring to your business, and why we will your best partner in your quest for experience, expertise and exceptional commitment.
We know your market.
Because HRI has been serving foodservice dealers, specifiers and end-users for 25 years, we know what works best in our key markets:
- Restaurants (fast-casual to fine dining)
- Schools (K-12)
- Hospitality and entertainment
We keep our pulse on the growth and changes facing these segments, such as farm-to-fork and open air merchandising trends, increasing demands for energy and labor savings and sustainability, and offsetting the rise in today’s food costs. HRI capitalizes on our partnership with the industry’s equipment leaders to bring you the latest solutions to whatever the horizon holds.
We bring it all
- Experience: HRI Reps are local market experts with decades of experience and extensive knowledge of the industry’s top manufacturers, trends, challenges and opportunities. We work hard to develop long-term customer relationships built on stability, trust and proven reliability.
- Cost and Time Savings: Because HRI Reps are the exclusive factory branch sales office in their territory and represent two or more manufacturers, we offer the most cost-effective and time-efficient means of reaching national, regional, and local markets.
- Responsive Sales Support: HRI boasts a nearly 1-to-2 ratio of internal support to sales, allowing us to provide manufacturers and customers with a multi-faceted, multi-skilled, more experienced sales team to meet their needs.
- Customer Commitment: As the local factory sales office for more than 17 foodservice equipment brands, HRI Reps can successfully guide customers through the conception, selection and acquisition phases of purchasing. Ask us about our test kitchens and showrooms where you can sample products firsthand!
- Real Results: Our team members are known for their highest level of professionalism, business acumen, technical competence and territorial continuity. We are committed to delivering constant value to both customer and manufacturer.
Tom joined HRI in 1991, but his foodservice experience dates back to his days as a Foodservice Specialist/Cook aboard the USS Charleston. Since earning a degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management from the Northwood Institute, Tom has been exposed to every angle of the foodservice industry – from equipment procurement to manufacturer’s rep – making him uniquely qualified to serve end users, dealers and consultants alike.
If there’s one thing Tim knows about, it’s foodservice equipment. Having worked as an award-winning Territory Manager for Hobart Corporation for more than 10 years, Tim understands what matters most to customers or foodservice operators. Tim has expanded that breadth of knowledge to the many other top equipment brands offered through HRI. He is a graduate of the University of North Dakota, is ServeSafe Certified and CFSP II accredited.
Tim is a 25+ year veteran in the foodservice industry and has spent decades as a manufacturer’s rep representing the strongest manufacturers in the business. He has extensive experience in receiving, storage, preparation, cooking/chilling and dishrooms/sanitation. Prior to becoming a field sales engineer, Tim worked at a major stainless steel fabricator and refrigeration manufacturer building equipment and refrigeration systems.
Not long after Mitch started in the foodservice and hospitality industry, he became President and co-founder of HRI, Inc. in 1989. Mitch’s industry recognition includes the MAFSI Pacesetter Award, FEDA Leadership Award, NAFEM Doctorate of Foodservice, NAFEM Award of Merit, and Foodservice Equipment Reports magazines Industry Service Award. He is a past president and executive committee member of Manufacturers Agents Association for the Foodservice Industry (MAFSI). He has also served on Rep Advisory Councils for many of the manufacturers he represents. Mitch has a BS in Finance from Indiana University and has earned CPMR, CFSP Level 1 and ServeSafe designations.
Steve Amos brings over twenty years of experience as a manufacturer’s representative to HRI. He has extensive experience and relationships within all facets of the foodservice equipment industry. Steve has a long-term relationship with the School Nutrition Association of Michigan, where he has served as a member of the Industry Advisory Committee for many years. He is a graduate of Iowa State University and has earned the CPMR and CFSP designations.
Matt Buchanan has been in the industry for over 8 years. He started on the contract/bid side handling all quote requests and estimating. Matt has managed a quote department for 3 years and covered West Michigan in a sales role for the past 2 years. Matt graduated from Saginaw Valley State University and is CFSP Level III accredited.
Over the last 13 years, Scott has become a master of the game. Serving first as a factory representative then a manufacturer’s rep, Scott has acquired a level of knowledge, expertise, and attention to detail that makes him invaluable to his clients and the HRI team. Scott is an active member of the Indiana School Nutrition Association and is past Chairman of the ISNA Industry Advisory Council. He earned his degree from Ball State University after playing football at The University of Indianapolis.